Previously, I have been completing campaigns with personal rules I have called “Ironman Legendary”, which were basically legendary difficulty with no allowed defeats in battle and all battles fought manually. In an effort to make the game more challenging, I am playing Warhammer 2 currently with this new set of rules I am calling Legendary+ Mode:
- Campaign Difficulty: Legendary
- Battle Difficulty: Very Hard
- Chaos Invasion: Legendary
- All battles must be fought manually (no auto-resolve)
- No unit may be lost during battle (no complete destruction). This rule does not apply to summoned units.
- No units may break/shatter during battle (broken units have greyed out portraits). This rule does not apply to summoned units.
- All battles must be won
- No general or hero may be wounded or killed by enemy agents or from battle.
- Generals may be disbanded
- Heroes may be disbanded
- No general or hero may gain a negative trait
- Campaigns must be completed on the latest patch. If a patch occurs before the campaign is complete, the campaign must be abandoned.
- You may not lose diplomatic reliability due to attacking within 10 turns of breaking an agreement.
- Failing agent actions is acceptable
The campaigns I have completed so far with these rules:
- Eltharion – Vortex Campaign
- Sisters of Twilight – Vortex Campaign
- Count Noctilus – Vortex Campaign
- Settra – Vortex Campaign
Needless to say, there have been plenty of campaigns where I could easily win that I have had to abandon because one of the above things occurred.